• City Gate expanded, for the first time, outside of DC, opening two new sites in low income neighborhoods in Prince George’s County, MD. We also provided events and services in a subsidized housing complex in Baltimore in anticipation of adding it as a ministry site.
• With new locations also starting in DC, City Gate now serves approximately 400 children and youth, plus family participants, at a dozen sites, and serves over 15,000 meals to kids in our out-of-school programs.
• City Gate was awarded a 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant, providing new resources for expanding programs that we have been running for the last decade in Southeast DC
• In partnership with community and church partners, City Gate helped families in need with donations of food and clothing, as well as gifts and food baskets over the holidays. 80 turkeys were distributed at Thanksgiving. In partnership with Samaritans Feet, City Gate also helped distributing nearly a thousand free shoes to children and youth at special events in July and November.
• City Gate deployed 800 volunteers during the 4 -day national American Baptist Immerse conference here in DC during July. Major community events were conducted over two days at 5 sites, with total participation of approximately 2000 volunteers and community residents.
• In addition to continuing to work directly with mission groups (arranging housing and meals as well as ministry opportunities), we expanded our Urban Hands program during 2012 to also work with other groups through Passport, Mission Serve, and TeamEffort. Counting the Immerse conference, approximately 2000 volunteers and scores of churches engaged in hands on mission opportunities.
• YOU can help us continue these ministries and more in 2013!